Is Curbside Service Available?
HPL TO GO is a curbside service that allows MY Link and Learning Link card holders the opportunity to pick up library materials from the comfort and safety of their own vehicles. You only need to schedule same-day pick-ups; no need to schedule in advance!
To participate, simply place items on hold for pick-up at your preferred location online or over the phone. Once items are ready at one of the participating HPL TO GO locations, and you would like to pick them up, please notify staff that you are on your way and/or once you have arrived so that staff can pull your hold items.
Browse & Borrow to place a hold through the library's catalog, and select your preferred hold pickup location. You will be notified via phone, email or text (depending on your account preferences) when your items are available.
Once your items have arrived at your hold pickup location:
- CALL - Notify library staff once you are on your way and/or when you have arrived.
- CONFIRM - Library staff will ask you to confirm your card number and PIN to check out your items. Staff will provide additional pickup instructions.
- COLLECT - Staff will bring out your items and deliver them to your vehicle.
You may call your pickup location during hours of service for more information. HPL TO GO service may be temporarily suspended during inclement weather.
HPL TO GO is a free service available to current MY Link and Learning Link card holders.
The Houston Public Library card, MY Link, gives you access to physical materials at our library locations, digital content (including music, movies, e-books and audio books) as well as access to more than 130 databases and online resources! The MY Link card is free to Texas residents - sign up here!
All neighborhood library, regional, and Central Library locations are offering HPL TO GO curbside service.
HPL TO GO curbside service is not available at the following sites:
- BOOKLINK at One Allen Center
- Any library that is not a designated hold pickup location
- African American History Research Center at the Gregory School
- Family History Research Center at the Clayton Library Campus
- Houston History Research Center at the Julia Ideson Building
- TECHLink Alief
- TECHLink Scenic Woods
- HPL Holds Lockers (learn more here)
- Locker – Robinson-Westchase
- Locker – Henington-Alief
- Locker – Carverdale Community Center
- Parent Resource Library at Children’s Museum of Houston
- Harris County Public Library Locations
- Spring Branch
- West University
- Bellaire City Library